We are able to offer many technical features, by the way the flooring is manufactured, to the patented flooring click systems for particular stability during the installation stage, through to robust surfaces.
We have more than 20 years’ experience in flooring production, and our knowledge, experience and innovative approach means that we can be trusted to produce a quality product, every time. We have a fully integrated production process and see the product through from the coreboard to the finished product ready for market at our plants in Wismar (DE) and Gagarin (RU).
All our flooring is made from the natural raw material of wood from PEFC-certified forests. We do not use plasticisers or PVC during processing. With our promise "Quality made by EGGER", you can rely on a consistently high quality product, certified production processes and a sustainable approach. Please see our download page for more information.
What is our flooring made of?
EGGER laminate - the sturdy all-rounder
EGGER laminate flooring is produced using the DPL (direct pressed laminate) production method. A floorboard is made up of four layers:
1. Resilient, highly abrasion-resistant surface
2. Decorative paper
3. HDF Swell barrier+ wood-based coreboard
The individual components are pressed together under high pressure and at high temperatures. After a cooling phase, the floorboards are cut and the click profiles milled.
There are nature materials in EGGER Comfort Flooring
With the new HD digital print technique we are using a new technology to produce EGGER Comfort flooring. The decor image is printed directly onto the upper cork layer in very high resolution, which allows new design options to be developed. A natural cork layer is also integrated on the underneath of the coreboard. In this way, the unique cork flooring consisting of five layers is produced:
1. Environmentally friendly UV protection layer
2. HD digital decor print
3. Elastic Comfort top layer made of cork
4. HDF Swell barrier+ wood-based coreboard
5. Integrated impact sound insulating cork underlay.
The ultra-modern wood-based Design flooring
EGGER Design Flooringis extremely robust. The core of the flooring is a high-density wood fibre board - Ultra Wood Fibre Board (UWF). The UWF coreboard is protected against moisture on both sides by the DualSeal. The waterproof TPU surface with unique SelfRepair effect gives the flooring extra protection. In summary, Design flooring is made up of the following three layers:
1. Ultra robust and water-resistant TPU surface (thermoplastic polyurethane) with a SelfRepair effect. Integrated decor layer for a highly authentic appearance.
2. Highly compressed and doubly sealed UWF coreboard (Ultra Wood Fibre Board) made of natural wood fibres
3. Water-resistant high-end balancer